How to Decorate a Small Space for the Holidays
It’s finally December! That means that it is definitely acceptable to start putting up your holiday decor 🙂 I don’t know about you, but I start decorating the weekend after Thanksgiving. My family already picked out our tree and it is beautiful this year!
But for now, I’m back at school writing papers and studying for finals (not fun). Even though my apartment isn’t huge, I still love adding cute holiday touches around the house. My color scheme this year is white, red, and sparkly gold!
Whether you live in a tiny apartment, dorm room, or at home with your parents, here are some quick and easy accents you can add to your small space to spice it up for the holidays!
1. Candy dishes – Even though I have glass jars with mints or little treats in them on my coffee table year-round, I put out festive candy for the holidays. I love the red + green m&ms and peppermint bark!
2. Holiday scented candles – I love having candles at any time of the year, but during the holidays I burn scents like vanilla cookie and evergreen to make my house smell so yummy. It also helps when the candles are adorable.
3. A wreath or mini tree – My mom and I made a DIY wreath by using different ribbon a few years ago and I still hang it on the door to my apartment. Even if you have a dorm room, you can still hang up a festive wreath on your door or put up a tiny accent christmas tree (they just don’t have to be real pine).
4. Spirited signs – I think I accumulate at least 5 new signs every holiday season… Home Goods and Target just always have the best inexpensive signs that are hard to pass up! You can set these on your coffee table, bookshelves, or desk for a pop of holiday inspiration.
5. Christmas lights- While these are cliche, I’ve found that hanging Christmas lights in any room helps to transform it into a winter wonderland. Christmas lights are great to turn on while you watch a movie or have wine night with the gals.
What are your favorite holiday decorations to use?