How to Keep Long-lasting Curls with Bed Head by TIGI
This post is brought to you by Bed Head by TIGI and Her Campus Media.
I’m sure all of you have read articles about why it’s bad to wash your hair everyday, or how you should only wash it a few times a week. Believe me– I have seen this everywhere and was probably the last person expected to follow the advice. As a girl who works from 9-6 and also likes to workout regularly, I always thought, “how the heck will I not wash my hair after a workout and then go to work the next day?”.
Enter my new BFF… dry shampoo. Dry shampoo is such a lifesaver for those days where you’re running late or need to revamp your hair. Another thing I love about dry shampoo is that it allows me to keep my hair curled for multiple days without adding extra heat! Loose waves and tousled curls are very popular right now, and I’ve been curling my hair with this wand for years.
I found that by using the right products, it’s actually easier than it seems to keep your hair looking styled and clean for multiple days. Seriously, I swear that my curls sometimes look better on day three than when I first curl my hair!
For this post, I partnered with Bed Head by TIGI and Her Campus Media to show you the products that can help you keep your curls for days! I usually wash my hair every other day, or will wait a max of 2 days. So I’ll give you my step-by-step instructions for how to keep your curls for three days. But feel free to repeat as long as you’d like to.
Bed Head by TIGI is the #1 styling brand globally that is designed to be blended, layered, and cocktailed together. You’ll see this in my tutorial below, where I’ll start with dry shampoo and add other products on top. You can also find the Bed Head by TIGI products at Ulta beauty stores and online at ultabeauty.com.
How to Keep your Curls for Days
- Curl your hair (duh). My favorite wands are this, this, and this.
- Spray your hair with Bed Head by TIGI Masterpiece hairspray.
- Sleep in a ponytail with this hair tie to avoid creases. (I SWEAR by it)
- After your take out your ponytail, brush through the curls with your fingers.
- Spray Bed Head by TIGI Rockaholic dry shampoo 8-10 inches away from your part and then work through with your fingers.
- Then wrap individual pieces around your fingers to help give them any extra-needed curl before you spray them.
- Sleep with your hair in a top knot this time, with the same hair tie, to add extra volume to your hair.
- Run your fingers through your hair again to get any knots out.
- Use Bead Head by TIGI Rockaholic dry shampoo again.
- Skip the hairspray today, and opt for a bit of Bed Head by TIGI’s Headrush shine spray on the ends.
There you have it! Simple and easy ways to help keep your curls alive for several days 🙂 Also, be sure to follow along on my Instagram stories this weekend while I attend College Fashion Week with Her Campus and Bed Head by TIGI!